Super Chopsticks presents: Halloween Jack-O’-Lantern Ball Sushi (Temari-Zushi) Recipe. Just in time for the “Haunting Howliday”.
Serving at Super Chopsticks now until Halloween. Recipe flyer given out there as well. Super Chopsticks now located in it’s new location on Battle Avenue. (near the comic shop)
Very easy and cute Halloween recipe idea even kids can help to make them!
Temari-Zushi (ball sushi) is a ball-shaped sushi made by shaping sushi rice and fish into a ball by hand using a plastic wrap.
Avocado sushi rice is pretty tasty and it goes great with smoked salmon. I hope you like it!
Halloween Jack-O’-Lantern Ball Sushi
Time: 20 min (w/o rice cooking time)
Number of servings: 14
10.5 oz. cooked Japanese rice (short-grain rice)
2&1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
14-28 slices smoked salmon
1/2 nori sheet
14 pumpkin seeds
1. Chop avocado into small pieces.
2. Place cooked rice in a bowl. Add A while the rice is hot and slice through rice using rice paddle to separate the grains. Then add the chopped avocado and mix well.
3. Place a sheet of plastic wrap on your hand. Then place 1 or 2 slices of smoked salmon in the center. Measure a bite-size amount of sushi rice and place it on the salmon. Shape them into a ball, twisting the plastic wrap. Unwrap and make the rest.
4. Draw a spider web on a plate with mayonnaise. Place the sushi balls on the plate.
5. Cut out nori sheet for the eyes, nose, and mouth. (Cut freehand to make expressive faces.) Place them on sushi balls.
6. Attach pumpkin seeds to each sushi ball to finish.
Preferably refrigerate before you serve!