The Hathian Observer is currently operated by Editor in Chief, Geoffrey Welders, returning at the beginning of 2020 to continue the legacy, reputation, and hard work of previous Editors Valena Aubin, Perina McGinnis, and himself as original founder. Located in the heart of Hathian, citizens may visit the offices just behind both the Clam and 24 Hour Pawn Shops, next to WKRK Radio.
Writer Tips & Tricks
- All articles must have a Featured Image, but you can also search STOCK in the gallery to find one that fits your story. Most businesses and locations have a picture. Do not use text on Featured Images, as it may get distorted (within the article is okay).
- Images must have a minimum width of 905 px and a height of 500 px.
- Fully spell the first abbreviation of something, i.e. HGH should always appear as Hathian General Hospital the first time its mentioned (can be HGH thereafter)
- Before you write a story, please check the drafts to be sure someone isn’t already working on an article. Likewise, if you have an idea for an article, make a draft and title it appropriately so people don’t start writing the same thing. Only one reporter is needed to cover each story.
- Maximum two articles covering an event.
- Submit event postings at least 48 hours before the event.
- Every article or advertisement needs words. Text previews also come up on the homepage of the website.
- Use the preview button. Make sure that everything is exactly how you want it.