Abandoned Pawn Shop up in Flames

39 views
1 min read

Residents of District 8 were put on edge when a fire was sparked in an abandoned pawn shop around five in the evening this weekend.

When Chief Rog Messmer and probie Gao Li arrvied on scene, the fire had already spread to the adjacent building, and was threatening to jump to a third.

“It looked way scarier than it was, honestly.” Li comments about the blaze, which nearly consummed  two buildings.

After the probie had finished with the wet down and the smoke had cleared, Chief Messmer determined the suspected cause to be from a small cooking fire a homeless person had started to barbecue a rat. Damnage was minumal, totalling less than $3000 simply because both of the buildings were empty.

Thankfully, the only fatality was that of the singed rat. A memorial service will be held later this week for loved ones who wish to pay their last respects.

 

Previous Story

Classified: Looking for event planner

Next Story

Double Homicide or Pure Coincidence?

Latest from News

Halloween Events Planned

Halloween becomes HalloWEEK starting with city-wide trick-or-treating on Oct. 24th from 3 to 9pm SLT. Costumes…